Madeleine is Sleeping by Sarah Shun-lien Bynum ★★★★★
The Child Thief by Brom ★★★
Stranger Things Happen by Kelly Link ★★★★★
The Turn of the Screw by Henry James ★★★
Steel Magnolias by Robert Harling ★★★★
The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway ★★★★
Second semester of grad school: completed!
Nothing but movies and leisure reading from now until January.
Words to keep inside your pocket:
- Quiescent - a quiet, soft-spoken soul.
- Chimerical - merely imaginary; fanciful.
- Susurrus - a whispering or rustling sound.
- Raconteur - one who excels in story-telling.
- Clinquant - glittering; tinsel-like.
- Aubade - a song greeting the dawn.
- Ephemeral - lasting a very short time.
- Sempiternal - everlasting; eternal.
- Euphonious - pleasing; sweet in sound.
- Billet-doux - a love letter.
- Redamancy - act of loving in return.
‘Who are you?’ he asked.
‘I’m a girl’
‘I thought you were flower . I wondered why they put you on a chair.’"
F. Scott Fitzgerald’s “Emotional Bankruptcy”
submitted by http://foofawomp.tumblr.com(via fuckyeahfitzgerald)
Step one: Open Microsoft Word
Step two: Type thirty of the same letter
Step three: Delete what you just typed
Step four: Sigh
Step five: Save the empty Word document
Step six: Think for a half hour about the new book/movie/video game you just bought that you would much rather be reading/watching/playing
Step seven: Think of a title
Step eight: Type the first word of the title
Step nine: Save, just in case
Step ten: Type the rest of your title
Step eleven: Save
Step twelve: Congratulate yourself
Step thirteen: Break time! Thirteen hours of Tumblr.
YOU SHOULD BE WRITING!!!
Breaking Bad edition